Choosing the Best Shingle for Your Home
Deciding how you want your house to look can be quite challenging. This includes selecting a roof for your house. This isn’t something you do every day. Hence, it is important to choose the best type of shingles to assure a right and sustainable choice for your roof. This might come off as quite a challenge. However, we are here to help. We have constructed an article guiding you towards the best shingle for your house, making it beautiful, cost-friendly, and sustainable.
Here are some of the most popular types of Shingles:
- Asphalt Shingles: An asphalt shingle is a type of shingle commonly used for waterproofing on the ceiling or roof that utilizes asphalt. It is a more common form of shingle for its affordability and simplicity in the installation. There are a lot of different types of Asphalt Shingles. Here are some of the standard forms of this type of shingles:
- 3-tab Shingles: Three-tab shingles are inexpensive and can last, in the right circumstances, for a few decades. However, there are limited options when it comes to aesthetics, they have prospective blow-off problems and a smaller life span.
- Dimensional Shingles: Dimensional shingles have different shapes and forms of arrangement. These shingles have unique design and provide with more options for aesthetics. They can last about 30 years or even longer and are more costly than 3-tab shingles.
- Luxury Shingles: Their multi-dimensional finish recognizes the asphalt luxury shingles. They are the perfect potion if you are looking for durability, style while also having cheaper options than slate or cedar shingles.
- Architectural or laminate shingles: Architectural or laminate shingles are a sort of asphalt shingle, but they are constructed with a stronger foundation layer and more sophisticated asphalt layers. The tabs have distinct dimensions and forms, giving them a sleeker look.
Durability: 30 years
- Rubber Roof: Rubber roofing is another durable type of shingles that offer a lot of advantages over other types of shingles. Single-ply synthetic rubber fabric roofing is perfect for use on low-sloping or dull surfaces as it is sturdy, smooth and waterproof. Whether produced of synthetic rubber materials or produced of plastic polymers, rubber shingles are intended to go to locations where asphalt shingles are not doing well.
Durability: 30-50 years
- Metal Shingles: Although not technically a “shingle” roofing, over the previous ten years, metal roofing has risen considerably in demand. While this method of roofing might be more costly than asphalt or other types of shingles and roofing methods, the durability and more comfortable maintenance account for the price.
Durability: 50-75 years
How to find the ideal color for your shingles:
While choosing the shingles for your roof, you should be focused on more than just the usability of them. Selecting the right theme and color for your shingles make it more stylish. It adds a lot to the definition and design of your homes. Here are a few tips for nailing the color of your shingles:
- Consider the aesthetics of your house: You must consider what your home is portraying in the context of its aesthetic and choose the right color for your shingles depending on that.
- Take a look at your neighborhood: Look around your neighborhood to find a color that might interest you. It can also give you a general idea of what looks good. Moreover, you can also match your neighborhood to give a common theme.
- Plan around the architecture of your house: Look at the architecture and choose your color palette that suits the design.
These tips can be constructive while choosing a shingle for your roof.